[hist-analytic] Roger's Questions about Anayticity

Roger Bishop Jones rbj at rbjones.com
Wed Jan 28 12:14:06 EST 2009

Danny,

Its clear from your last two messages that we are at present debating at the
wrong level.

You are "with Quine" in most respects, and it looks like you regard Kripke's
ideas as beyond dispute.

I, on the other hand, am with neither in any important respect.

In particular you make clear that you are with Quine in dismissing the
analytic/synthetic distinction, and so I can't see much point in our debating
my allegation (which was not that attributions of analyticity are synthetic
but rather that they are not all analytic).

I suggest we abandon this thread and debate the larger issues.

Roger