[hist-analytic] Hume's Fork

Roger Bishop Jones rbj at rbjones.com
Mon Feb 23 06:40:33 EST 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 00:10:26 Jlsperanza at aol.com wrote:

> Congratulations on the rewrite of those two links. It will take some time
> for me to process them. But thanks for sharing and inviting criticism.

Sorry to have given the impression that I had rewritten them,
which hasn't happened recently.
I do plan a more extensive presentation, but I intend to leave
these alone, and my first desire is to see what objections
are raised against them (with which I remain in substantial
agreement, the only change I am inclined to in the mathematical
model would be to properly adopt the course in the prose version
in which analyticity is explicitly defined in terms of necessity).

> I've copied and pasted the symbols Bishop uses and then pressed, 'plain
> text' and so they disappeared -- but we know what they mean. I say that
> because it may be good to have equivalents for those symbols in plain-text,
> too.

My present inclination is to make the proposed monograph symbol-free,
but until I get much further I won't really know how cumbersome
that would be.

Rpger