[hist-analytic] Response to Danny Frederick

Bruce Aune aune at philos.umass.edu
Sat Aug 29 16:43:16 EDT 2009

Danny, What you now say "seems empty" (namely,  two determinate
colours are the same just when no colour difference will be
detected when they are both observed under conditions where their true
color is visually apparent to good observers) is all that I meant to
assert, because the truth of "Nothing can have two different
determinate colors at the same time" is inferable from this trivial
truth (as I show in the little proof I give in a footnote).  The
issues you raise in you last email have no bearing on the matters that
concerned me.

Best, Bruce