[hist-analytic] Danny's Latest

Bruce Aune aune1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 5 07:32:35 EDT 2009

I can't take the time to deal with this.  We do identify actual colors
(conceived commonsensically) this way.  Yes, it is always possible,
epistemically, for us to be in error in a particular case. We know
this inductively. (Yes, I know you will object.)  But it doesn't
follow from this that we are in error in a particular case.  How do
you think about actual color?  How do you discover whether the actual
color of a wall, say, is the same as the color in one of the color
chips in a paint store's catalogue?  Don't you know that skeptical
doubts can be raised almost everywhere? Ask yourself these questions;
don't try to answer them for me. I am tired of discussing this issue
with you.  Let's stop.

Bruce