[hist-analytic] Question for Bruce on

Bruce Aune aune at philos.umass.edu
Sat Nov 7 17:24:09 EST 2009

I think we should put off discussing meaning postulates until we
consider my exposition in chapter 3, where I discuss the concept of a
meaning postulate.  When I discuss the color example in chapter 2, I
say that I can't fully justify my claim that the  single color claim
(if I can call it that) is analytic until I clarify the notion of
analytic truth in the chapter to follow.  The clarification I offer
makes use of Carnap's notion of a meaning postulate, which is not
undermined by the critical observations Steve's offers.

Bruce