[hist-analytic] OOPS

steve bayne baynesrb at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 07:42:08 EST 2009

 "A Cartesian demon seems to sit on my shoulder as a write and introduce errors.  I can't escape them."

Bruce,

It's just the nature of the medium. This is a fast moving method
of exchange and mistakes are unavoidable. The only option is
to stay out of the discussion. This is the approach of a lot of
people who would rather ride their reputation than do what they
see as "putting it on the line." You are one of a very few that
prefers the exchange despite the risk (which is largely imaginary).

I  finding my bearings after a few days of interupted angling
within an entirely different domain of discourse. Your post
was useful. It changes a bit the way I see things. Meaning
postulates will figure in here. When we get to analyticity etc.
this will be more of a factor, I supppose.

Regards

STeve