[hist-analytic] Reciprocity: Rousseau vs. Locke

Jlsperanza at aol.com Jlsperanza at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 06:12:05 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/27/2010 5:39:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Baynesr at comcast.net writes:
I note your mention of Bennett. If you mean the  guy
who did that sixties book on Kant then I know who
you mean.

----

Indeed. Jonathan Francis Bennett. Born in New Zealand,  educated at Oxford,
now Emeritus in Syracuse.

I read from the amazon.com  ref. to the Locke book that it's basically
about his views on  meaning.

"SOMEONE may utter words and mean nothing by them, or hear words  and
understand nothing by them: communication involves not just uttering and
hearing, but..", he writes.

It's possibly too general a study on Locke to quote in your study,  though.

JL