[hist-analytic] Grotius -- and Grice: important philosophers whose surnames beging with "Gr".

Jlsperanza at aol.com Jlsperanza at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 11:45:59 EST 2010

I'm glad to be able to share the Lakoff bit with you. I read and re-read it
 and learn more things about it. I especially like his story behind getting
Grice  contributing that "Logic and Conversation" piece to Cole/Morgan
(that also  included Lakoff/Johnson, Conversational Postulates). He also (Lakoff
did) 10,000  copies of it for the 1973 Performadillo thing, so if one
person is responsible  for the fame and infame of the implicature, you know!

---

I love Grotius!

---

JLS
  -- and there's Grandy, too.

---

In a message dated 2/16/2010 11:29:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,