[hist-analytic] Peter Vranas:Re: Carnap and Grice and Absolutism

steve bayne baynesrb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 13:37:38 EST 2010

Sorry for my nonparticipation in this interest discussion.
I'm approaching completion of my work on the book and then
I can return.

However, I thought something worth mentioning. A young
philosopher out of U. of Wis. anticipated a point I was
making in connection with R. M. Hare on deontic logic.
I went to look at his main paper and it is so involved
I had no time to spend a couple of weeks looking at it
JUSST THEN. But it is a very good paper.

It's by Peter Vranas. the URL is:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vranas/web/papers/implogicII.pdf

The title is:

NEW FOUNDATIONS FOR IMPERATIVE LOGIC II:
PURE IMPERATIVE INFERENCE*

Anyway, he's a gifted philospher whose work  deserves
wide attention.