[hist-analytic] Science News About "Forbidden" Colors

Bruce Aune aune at philos.umass.edu
Thu Feb 4 17:27:28 EST 2010

In case anyone on the list didn't see it, the latest issue of
Scientific American has a very interesting article on what have been
considered "impossible" colors, mixtures of red and green, blue and
yellow. In my arguments with Steve I mentioned that it was thought to
be physically impossible for human beings (owing to the structure of
their eyes) to perceive such mixtures, but recent experiments have
show that some people in certain special circumstances can actually
see such colors. I mention the article because of its intrinsic
interest; I am not trying to open a discussion  that went on long
enough.

Best regards,
Bruce