[hist-analytic] Grotius -- and Grice: important philosophers whose surnames beging with "Gr".

steve bayne baynesrb at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 12:23:03 EST 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if Grice moved Lakoff away
from compositionality. Remember back in the old days
of Katz/Lakoff, both of these chaps were friendly
to compositionality.

I read Lakoff's Fire, Women and Other Dangerous Things.
His discussion of paradigms is really good and he is
remarkably entertaining as well as informed.

You might just let him know you posted this, as he
might be queried since it's in the very nice Archive
set up by Roger.