[hist-analytic] Now Available: Elizabeth Anscombe's INTENTION!

Baynesr at comcast.net Baynesr at comcast.net
Fri May 28 07:28:24 EDT 2010

Thanks for the encouragement on the occasion of completing this
book! If it weren't for Roger the book might never have been
published. The book would have cost an awful lot more and it
wouldn't have been much fun in the actual production.

I do regret not pursuing an idea I had when I could have held
it up a bit.

Compare using a meter stick as supplying a standard unit
measure and the idea of rotation in defining a degree as
1/360th of a rotation. Note that 'one rotation' is a constant;
something that doesn't depend on any particular circle,
whereas a meter stick is a particular. This asymmetry
is part of what is behind some of my discussion of the
contingent a priori etc.

I, actually, have another ms on action theory which is in
a few big pieces. Maybe more later.

Again, thanks to all. Once I finish doing some arithmetic
I'll be posting a lot more; maybe on foundations, not
sure.

Regards

STeve