[hist-analytic] Uncertainty and Indeterminacy

Baynesr at comcast.net Baynesr at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 14:47:58 EST 2011

Imagine three points connected by arrows going in one direction so that by following the arrow from any node you can reach any other node. Now add a node connected to only one node with an arrow pointing to that single node. There is no way of reaching that added node by following the arrows, once you enter from that added node. In this case, the system is "uncertain." 'Indeterminate' by contrast refers to a node with two (or more) arrows going in different directions.

Regards

STeve