[hist-analytic] Descriptive Metaphysics and Analyticity

Roger Bishop Jones rbj at rbjones.com
Fri Jan 28 15:35:20 EST 2011

On Friday 28 Jan 2011 16:44, Jlsperanza at aol.com wrote:
> He wrote so much, Sir Peter, that I wouldn't know! He did
> author a book on "Analysis", as I recall (*)

Interestingly, so far as that book "Analysis and
Metaphysics" goes, I see no mention either of Carnap or of
Kripke.
Also, the book seems much less devoted to metaphysics than
its title might lead us to suppose.  This might explain why
a book published in 1992 on metaphysics fails to mention
Kripke, especially when we find that the main substance of
the slim volume dates back as far as 1968.
One can more readily understand not mentioning Carnap in
connection with metaphysics.