[hist-analytic] BRUCE AUNE'S Philosophical Autobiography

Bruce Aune aune1 at verizon.net
Wed May 11 07:48:32 EDT 2011

Hi, all. I am amazed by J.L.s amazing knowledge of things Gricean and Oxford-philosophical. I had of course heard of Grice before I met him at Oxford, but he didn't have the reputation then that he had later. I heard him talk on conversational implicatures more than once, but I wasn't sure how significant it would turn out to be. Grice was then, I thought, in the process of drawing conclusions from the many examples he had assembled. In the Saturday Mornings he didn't talk about his own current work, at least in the sessions I attended.

Thanks, J.L. for all the information.

Best,
Bruce