Index for Chapter XV
Ideas of Duration and Expansion, considered together
- 1. Both capable of greater and less.
- 2. Expansion not bounded by matter.
- 3. Nor duration by motion.
- 4. Why men more easily admit infinite duration than infinite
- 5. Time to duration is as place to expansion.
- 6. Time and place are taken for so much of either as are set out
by the existence and motion of bodies.
- 7. Sometimes for so much of either as we design by measures taken
from the bulk or motion of bodies.
- 8. They belong to all finite beings.
- 9. All the parts of extension are extension, and all the parts of
duration are duration.
- 10. Their parts inseparable.
- 11. Duration is as a line, expansion as a solid.
- 12. Duration has never two parts together, expansion altogether.
HTML by created 1994/10/29 modified 2015-06-14