Index for Chapter VIII
Of Trifling Propositions
- 1. Some propositions bring no increase to our knowledge.
- 2. I.
- 3. Examples.
- 4. II.
- 5. As part of the definition of the term defined.
- 6. Instance, man and palfrey.
- 7. For this teaches but the signification of words.
- 8. But adds no real knowledge.
- 9. General propositions concerning substances are often trifling.
- 10. And why.
- 11. Thirdly, using words variously is trifling with them.
- 12. Marks of verbal propositions.
- 13. A part of the definition predicated of any term.
HTML by created 1994/10/29 modified 2015-06-14