Index for Chapter X
Of our Knowledge of the Existence of a God
- 1. We are capable of knowing certainly that there is a God.
- 2. For man knows that he himself exists.
- 4. And that eternal Being must be most powerful.
- 5. And most knowing.
- 6. And therefore God.
- 7. Our idea of a most perfect Being, not the sole proof of a God.
- 8. Recapitulation- something from eternity.
- 9. Two sorts of beings, cogitative and incogitative.
- 10. Incogitative being cannot produce a cogitative being.
- 11. Therefore, there has been an eternal cogitative Being.
- 12. The attributes of the eternal cogitative Being.
- 13. Whether the eternal Mind may he also material or no.
- 14. Not material:
- 15. II.
- 16. III.
- 17. And that whether this corporeal system is in motion or at
- 18. Matter not co-eternal with an eternal Mind.
- 19. Objection:
HTML by created 1994/10/29 modified 2015-06-14