Opinions differ as to whether technology will empower or enslave us.
- The Revitalisation of Socio-Political
- Global networks enable, participatory democracy.
- 20th C disillusionment and impotence melts away
as ordinary people engage in effective socio-political choice.
- Governments become service organisations..
- The Singularity (Vernor Vinge)
Superhuman intelligence emerges and swallows us up.
- A distopian vision in which we all end up as house pets for our creations, or worse.
The ultimate disenfranchisement.
Create "The Future", or Suffer it
- Our choice is, either:
- Decide what
kind of world we want to live in.
- Work together to make it happen.
- Stay in a muddle.
- Settle for what we get (but probably not like
created 97/9/18 modified 97/9/21