If there is to be a "Logical Revolution" in IT it must flow from a vision of how global IT infrastructure supports a new and desirable way of life.
The story about that future lifestyle and how the proposed technologies provide the surest and swiftest route to it must be well worked out, thoroughly researched and convincingly presented.
- describe The SOLUTION
but this is only a small part of what is needed
- architecture, design, detailed design
- describe The USE and BENEFITS to
Which means consumers.
This is what you need to get past square one.
- describe HOW To REALISE
Just as important as knowing where you want to go is having a story on how to get there.
- describe The PROCESSES and
For the Logical Revolution to approach the singularity it will have to proceed by some evolutionary process, in which widespread industry participation will be needed.
- describe The PARTICIPANTS
So the story must tell us who are these participants and what is their role.
- describe BENEFITS To PARTICIPANTS
and why they should be participating in a programme which is sold on a very long term proposition.
- benefits today of participating in 25 year programme
- process must have near-term end-user
created 97/9/18 modified 97/9/21